Free diagnostic if REPAIRS on your service call exceed $250!
*when you mention this offer
Attic Insulation in Barstow
Certified & Insured
Highly Trained and Certified Technicians
Total Comfort Solutions - Service You Can Trust in Barstow
We Know Your Time Is Important
Never miss an appointment with Total Comfort Solutions
We give you friendly appointment reminders and alerts when we are on the way and when we complete a job.
Attic Insulation Services in Barstow
How Attic Insulation Improves A Home’s Energy Efficiency
Many Barstow homes and businesses are either under-insulated or not insulated at all. Our area generally has warm weather most of the year, with an occasional cold spell during the winter months, but did you know that by investing in new insulation, your home’s energy efficiency and comfort level could be drastically increased?
When re-insulating your home, ceiling and attic insulation should be one of your primary areas of concern, as it can save you the most money on your energy bills compared to insulating other areas of your home.
FOR ALL OF YOUR ATTIC INSULATION INSTALLATION NEEDS, YOU CAN COUNT ON US TO MAKE YOUR HOME MORE COMFORTABLE
Your home’s energy efficiency can be decreased if your attic insulation is old, of poor-quality, or improperly installed. With attic insulation, your home can keep the summer heat and winter cold out year after year. Our professionals can maximize your home’s energy efficiency and comfort by installing blown-in insulation.
The R-value, or resistance value, determines the efficiency and effectiveness of your attic insulation. Therefore, if your attic insulation has a high R-value, its performance and efficiency will also be higher. Some homes already have attic insulation in them, but there could be instances where the existing insulation may have pest damage. To boost the R-value of your attic, you will need to add more insulation to it. Attic insulation not only pays for itself, it is also one of the best home investments you will ever make.
If you want to keep energy costs low and keep your home feeling comfortable year-round, proper installation is paramount to achieving this goal. The savings far outweigh the cost of the materials and installation.
Total Comfort Solutions - Service You Can Trust in Barstow
Some people may not realize that an attic is one of the most important areas of a home to insulate. It is installed on the bottom of the attic, which is your home’s ceiling. It can help you save a substantial amount of money on your energy bills during the winter and summer months. In the winter, it helps keep heat in your home, while in the summer, it helps keep heat out of your home. A home that is properly insulated will keep your furnace and air conditioning system cycling less often, which will save you hundreds of dollars on your energy bills over time.
R-38 is the standard building code for insulation in our area. If you already have insulation in your home, you will need to measure the depth of it to determine how much new insulation you will need. The minimum thickness to achieve R-38 is 12 inches. This means you will need to add at least 9 inches of insulation to achieve an R-38 rating of 12 inches if your existing insulation is only 3 inches deep.
There are some other things you will need to keep in mind in order to achieve an R-38 rating:
- R-38-rated insulation will need to be installed if your attic has little or no insulation at all.
- R-30 material will need to be installed if your attic currently has 2-3” of insulation to reach R-38 status.
- R-19 material will need to be installed if your attic currently has 5-6” of insulation to reach R-38 status.
For more information on installation, give one of our representatives a call today. One of our home advisors will inspect your site for free and offer you a wide range of options to improve your home’s energy efficiency. Once you have selected the insulation you would like to have installed in your home, one of our technicians will schedule an appointment. They will then come out to your property to place protective barriers on the areas you want insulated and get to work. Before and after photos will also be taken for your records. We can even help you with any rebate applications you may have.
Installing attic insulation isn’t as daunting as it appears. Give us a call today. You’ll be glad you did.
WHEN BLOWN-IN INSULATION SHOULD BE USED
Blown-in attic insulation is expandable and flexible. For maximum heat retention, it can fill even the tiniest of cracks.
Blown-in insulation offers many benefits to homes that have the following problems:
- Insulation was never installed in the home
- Existing insulation is damaged or wet
- You have high energy bills
- Your home is drafty
- You have an unfinished attic
MORE FACTS ABOUT BLOWN-IN INSULATION
A good choice for a Barstow attic is blown-in insulation. It can be blown into any space with a hose, blower, and an insulation truck, and we can install it anywhere in your home.
Compared to batts, blown-in insulation effectively fills in spaces more compactly. You can use it to fill spaces between rafters inside of ceilings, as well as in the attic.
We use Owens Corning ProPink® because of the following:
- Provides exceptional thermal protection
- Design integrity with virtually no settling, preserving thermal performance over time.
- Resistance to moisture, fungus and mold-growth1
- Non-combustible, non-corrosive and validated to be formaldehyde free2
- Certified 55% (37% post consumer) minimum recycled content
- Meets NFPA 13 Standard for non-combustible insulation as an alternative to mid-floor sprinklers
1. As manufactured fiberglass insulation is resistant to mold growth. (ASTM C1338-96 Fungi Resistance of Insulation Materials and Facings.) However, mold growth can occur on building materials, including insulation, when it becomes contaminated with organic material and when water is present. To avoid mold growth on fiber glass insulation, remove any water that has accumulated and correct or repair the source of that water as soon as possible. Insulation that has become wet should be inspected for evidence of residual moisture and contamination, and any insulation that is contaminated should be promptly removed and replaced.
2. Owens Corning® L77 ULF is validated formaldehyde free by the UL Environment.
Call Total Comfort Solutions